Thursday, January 19, 2012

Self Control


An excerpt from First Light: Women's Daily Devotional &
Journal:
Titus 2: 11-12 (NIV)
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.
How do you resist the ungodly passions you face each day?
1 Peter 4: 7(NIV)
The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ungodly passions? Sometimes it seems like (depending on what day of the month it is), I have to go to God for help more than others.

2 comments:

tandemingtroll said...

Hi there! I feel the same way that you do. Last week was an "ugly" week. I should have been going to God at least twenty times each day. Interestingly enough, in "Becoming a Woman of Grace", that passage in Titus was my memory verse. I have started knitting in the last year. I currently am working on minion hats ("Despicable Me") for my sons and three of my nephews, maybe four if I have to buy more yarn to finish the last cap :-).

Keep plugging away. God doesn't get tired of hearing from us!

Z said...

- Tandeming -

Oh my goodness. I'm so glad He doesn't. If He did, I'd be in deep trouble.

Have a great rest of the week!