Monday, January 23, 2012


An excerpt from First Light: Women's Daily Devotional &Journal:
Butterflies are delightful reminders of the power of God's love to transform our lives. Watching a butterfly dance in the air, it is hard to beleive that it was once a common caterpillar.
Within the protective covering of the chrysalis, the lowly earthbound caterpillar is slowly transformed into a remarkable creature of freedom and beauty.
A similar process of transformation takes place in our lives as we allow God's Holy Spirit to soften our hearts and change our pattern of thinking. Only God's love and truth can bring genuine freedom and beauty into our lives by changing us from the inside out.
As you live in obedience to God's Word each day, your life will be transformed - you will become more and more like Jesus.
In what ways has God's Holy Spirit transformed you from the inside out?
Philippians 3: 21
The Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, wow. God has done so much, honestly. The only bad thing about it, sometimes, in my emotional times, I forgot how much God has changed me. And I get saddened about the things that have yet to be changed.
Even a testimony from my own mother, about how I'm not as angry, blessed my heart immensely.
There are times in my life, especially on those days when I'm fasting (when it seems the evilness in me has run amuck), and I'll think, "Lord, I haven't changed". But that's a lie. I have changed. I have gotten better. Thanks be to God for change in me. Thanks be to God, who is my hope.

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

love this...

oh, there's so much we can always change... but then look back & see how far we've already come... Praise Him! :)

Z said...

- Rebecca Jo -

It is so true.


Thank God for Jesus!