Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crochet: Granny Square Purse Tote Bag Help

So here's the bag. This is a side view.

This is the bag flat on one side. There's three squares at the base, and three on the sides, and six squares on the other side.


And here's the inside. I kind of made some mistakes, though. But it's all good. They're good learning mistakes for the next time I want to make a granny square purse. Like one thing I learned is that you should pay attention to how you are connecting the squares. If I was paying attention, I wouldn't have some of the squares puckering on the outside..if you know what I mean.



Anyway, I need some help. Can anybody tell me how I can add handles to this? It would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

Can you take a picture of the handles next to the bag? This would give me an idea of how to help you. I'm sure it would just be a matter of crocheting a flap on both sides and fold it over the handle and sew onto the inside of the bag :)
Cat...

Z said...

- Cat -

Okay. Also, if you can tell me if I can add a zipper before or after the handle. Maybe I will post the handles next to the bag tomorrow.

Thanks Cat!

Tink's Tinkerings said...

you could line it and add zipper, and then make a strap out off same fabric. any color would be nice. just an idea :) fabric handle might be stronger then crocheted, Tink

Z said...

- Tink -

Okay. Thank you. That's definately an idea I can take into consideration.

Thanks again!