Monday, March 25, 2013

The Fall Of Woman

pig and lady
Just  something I noticed lately, is it me, or are most women being portrayed as whores, sluts, and/or tramps.  I get the gist of commercials.  The majority of them are just trying to sell something.  I get that.  But the way some of them are going about doing it, me personally, I don’t find it funny.  For example, the Geico commercials.  A gecko first…and now a pig.
geicowedding
I couldn’t find the picture that I wanted for this commercial.  Where there’s a young lady in the commercial who starts eyeing the gecko in this wedding scene.  Flirting I guess you would want to say.  Flirting with a gecko?  Really?
walrus
Here’s a commercial from Skittles.  A woman kissing a walrus.  I didn’t want to post the picture where they are kissing.  I thought it was gross.  Now I know, I know.  Some people may think I’m too much of a prude or a stick in the mud, and maybe I am.  I don’t care. 
howardtheduck
Here’s one from way back in the 80’s.  Remember this movie.  Howard the Duck.  It seems to be that what these advertisers and movies are trying to tell you is that women will get with anybody, or in these cases “anything”. Gross.  That women have their legs open for anything.  That’s not funny to me. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When did the fall of women really happen? Years ago, when music videos first began, and there was half naked women on the screen, a video vixen?  When they first started to make bathing suits more revealing?  When a woman decided she was going to pose nude for pictures or for videos?  Who knows, really.  I don’t. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just find a lot of things out there to be unsettling.  And what makes it even sadder, is that a lot of people don’t care about some of the things that are in commercials and television and movies.  It’s business as usual, and nobody is concerned.

2 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Though I think that the human female is one of the most beautiful,lyrical shapes created, I don't like the trend in movies either. But there you are; it sells. I think if you watch shows that are family oriented, you avoid a lot of these harmful portrayals. They really don't help women much, to be honest. My objection to them is based on that, mostly as I'm used to seeing naked models, male and female, in art classes.

Z said...

- Zippi -

It does sell. It's too bad that dignity has to go as well.