Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sharing With Others


An excerpt from First Light: Women's Daily Devotional &Journal:
And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for such sacrifices God is pleased
Hebrews 13: 16 NIV
How do you sacrifice to give others what they need?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not please ourselves.
Romans 15: 1 NIV
When have you helped to bear someone's failure or difficult circumstances? When has someone shared with you during a time of need in your life?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can answer the first question:
My first thought when I think about helping people goes straight to money. I always think that the only way I am helping somebody is when or if I give them some money. But the truth is, when I give out of myself not just financially...but maybe give a hug or a smile or an encouraging word, that's a sacrifice (especially when you don't even feel well yourself), and I might have been giving somebody just what they needed at just the right moment.
Have you ever given somebody a hug or a compliment, and they turn right around and say, "Thank you, I needed that".

2 comments:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Yeah, but it's been ages since I've done that. Thanks for the reminder. I hope you have a blessed weekend!

Z said...

- Cecelia -

You're welcome!