Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crochet: Slouchy Beret Again

:So there was a part on this hat where I had messed up.
I ran out of yarn.
And so I added this gray yarn. So then I crocheted this flower, to cover the part where I had to add the new yarn.

Maybe the flowers a little bit too big, but oh well. Maybe somebody who really likes big flowers will buy it. :D

7 comments:

naida said...

that beret looks great!

Z of ZKNITZ said...

Thank you so much!

I like the flower. It was something I wasn't sure I would get, but I did.

Woohoo!

Willow said...

Hi there,
You mentioned in your comment on my blog (willowscottage) that you didn't know how the sleeve holes got there. I started knitting at the neckline and knit down to the sleeve holes. Then I put some of the stitches on two holders and pulled the rest of the stitches together to make the bodice. When I finish that, I'll go back and pick up the held stitches and knit the sleeve in the round. Stay tuned at my blog for some photos that will show and explain it.
Willow

Tink's Spin said...

cute cute, I'm making a few hats for a costumer right now , and she also want the big flower on them. Your crafts are darling. I'm going to looking around more noe. Have a great day. Tink

Z of ZKNITZ said...

- Tink -

Thank you for the complement. I'm still a beginner but I try my best, whenever I make anything, to do the best I possibly can. So thanks again.

- Willow -

Thank you so much Willow. That way of making sleeve holes didn't even dawn on me. I was baffled, seriously, I just couldn't figure out how in the world it was done. Thank you again for explaining it to me.

kathy b said...

It works, it is just lovely

Z of ZKNITZ said...

Thanks kathy b!

I'm glad you think it works. I didn't even take into consideration how big the flower was, all I knew is I wanted to hide the flaw.