Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crochet: Big Purple Beret Finished

So, I bought this big beautiful yarn from JoAnn's Fabrics. I will do a post about it after this one and show the yarn.
I was looking at my favorite website, some time ago. I think I was looking up a video for crocheting a scarf, and I found this really nice simple one.
Then I was thinking how I wanted to make a scarf and hat set.

So here's the hat.

A close up.
I wanted to make this beret above.

But the pattern seemed to complicated. But then I was thinking, I should have at least tried it. So, when I buy this yarn again, I will try and follow the "Chunky Beret" Pattern.
This is the book that the pattern came out of. This pattern said it was for "beginners". I think the part where it said "2sctog" got me kind of cautious. Not scared, just kind of wary. Like I said, earlier, next time I get this nice big yarn, I am going to do this beret pattern, and give it the old college try.

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Hey I love this!! Great job!
Vicki

Z said...

- Vicki -

Thanks!