Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Accountability And Counting


An excerpt from First Light: Women's Daily Devotional &Journal:
I never had a curfew. Mother saw curfews as permisive. She preferred accountability. When I left the house with a new boy for a new activity, the conversation always began, "What time will you be home"?
"I don't know", I would respond.
"Well, let's figure it out", she'd say. "What time does the movie start? Then how long will it take you to drive to Jamie's party? and so on we reasoned until we came to the same reasonable conclusion, given the night's agenda.
When I was tempted to deviate from the plan. I knew I faced questions that would not stop until she had the full picture.
Being fully accountable was restricting at the time, yet liberating for a lifetime of decisions.
How has accountability for your actions - whether as a child or as an adult - benefited you in the long run? What means does God use to hold you accountable?
Romans 14: 12
So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

No comments: