I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't even write down the pattern, for the first knit hat that I had finished. Here's the pattern (as best as I can remember):
(1) About 90 stitches on three double pointed needles
(2) Knit one, purl one for about two inches
(3) After you have reached two inches, just knit
(4) After you have gotten to about five inches, you want to start to decrease
(5) Your hat should start to get smaller and smaller until you can close the top of the hat
I know this is not how you write a pattern, like a real knit pattern, but ya'll get the gist of it. This is probably just a plain english, knit hat pattern.