Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crochet: First Crochet Beret 1 of 3



I am trying to learn how to crochet. It's going well. An old friend of mine was telling me that her granddaughter had learned to crochet from YouTube. I tried looking up things on there, but I couldn't find much to help me. I needed real, real close-ups of the work that was being done, and I really couldn't find anything. So I gave up looking on YouTube, and just took what basic information I knew about crocheting, and just started. (Also, a young man from my church also showed me how to do some beginning crochet steps like the single crochet and I rented a DVD from the library, "I Can't Beleive I'm Crocheting"). So, anyway, I am crocheting a beret for somebody who I made a scarf for in the same knitted yarn color. It looks good to me so far. What I am learning so far with crocheting is that when it starts to cup, like a bowl, I need to increase more in my stitches a few times, and when it gets too floppy, I need to decrease more in the stitches. The bottom picture is the first few crochet stitches and the picture above that is just a few more.

No comments: